What will you gain from this Master program?
The MSc in Immunology (Non-Thesis) program at Koç University’s Graduate School of Health Sciences will give you both detailed theoretical information about basic immunological mechanisms, and practical tools to use this information in the field of health.
The aim of the program is to investigate the effect of immunological processes on the formation of diseases, especially cancer, and to develop a translational researcher perspective that addresses critical questions about treatment, and to conduct high-impact studies in this field.
The program offers courses that will allow you to develop a broad multidisciplinary approach to basic immunology knowledge such as advanced clinical immunology, transplantation, neuro-immunology, allergy, autoimmunity, tolerance, tumor immunology, infection and immunity.
What is unique about our MSc in Immunology?
- The MSc in Immunology at Koç University is the first and only program of its kind in Turkey and offers the same level of research facilities and career opportunities that can be expected from highly reputable programs in European or North American universities.
- MSc Immunology Non-Thesis students have access through the final project supervisors to Koç University’s Translational Medicine Research Center (KUTTAM) and several of the university’s 300+ research laboratories in a structure that aims to improve human health by bringing together life sciences, social sciences, engineering and medicine. This helps you as a student to:
- Become comfortable working in a multidisciplinary working culture, as Immunology is an interdisciplinary science.
- Adapt to contemporary technological developments
- Provide important contributions to the development of new solutions for the problems of human health in the medium and long term in Turkey or your own country through the all kinds of new treatment options, diagnostic kits, medical device development, medicines and drugs for the diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and control of diseases, their mitigation and prevention.
- Courses are taught by highly qualified faculty members in Immunology but also from other fields of medicine such as molecular genetics, microbiology, histology, biochemistry, pharmacology, biomedical engineering, pediatrics, dermatology, chest diseases, neurology, ophthalmology, gynecology, internal and surgery giving you an integrated Education.
How is the program structured?
- The MSc in Immunology (Non-Thesis) is designed to be completed in 1 calendar year over 3 semesters (Fall, Spring and Fall).
- During this year the students will complete a total of 10 courses and a graduation project supervised by one of the program faculty members.
- Courses are offered during weekdays (Monday-Friday) and working hours. (if necessary the courses will be held on weekend) Students who may not be able to complete the courses in Istanbul may also follow and take the courses online.
You can see more details about the program from me and about our Graduate School of Health Sciences at Koç University in our webinar video here.
Is this program the right fit for my academic background and potential?
You may be the type of student we are looking for in our MSc in Immunology Non-Thesis if you:
- Graduated with a good GPA and from a reputable university in Turkey or your country with BS/MS degree in Basic Sciences (biology, chemistry, molecular biology and genetics, physics, mathematics, psychology, etc) or Health Sciences (dentistry, veterinary medicine, medical biology, physical therapy and rehabilitation, nutrition and dietetics, nursing etc) or MD degree.
- Have taken or are preparing to take one of the required graduate school entrance exams such as GRE or ALES (for Turkish applicants)
- Would like to complete this Master’s degree to be skilled and prepared for a career as an Immunologist in different fields or institutions where immunology studies in biomedical research, healthcare, agriculture and environmental monitoring are carried out such as universities, the pharmaceutical industry, the biotechnology industry, government funded institutes, public or private hospitals, laboratories and research agencies.
- Are able to fund your graduate education and living expenses in Istanbul (housing, meals, books, other) through self-funding or through sponsorship from your employer or other national or international scholarship or educational loan providers.
What should I do next?
If you think this program is the right fit for your career goals, education budget and academic background we encourage you to
If you have questions before then do let us know your questions through the channels below:
Assoc. Prof. Yıldız Tütüncü